Nobody is ever too old to look good. In general, clothes will always be in our favor. Elegant pieces are the key to forming a timeless wardrobe. With these simple style tips on how to dress well in your 60’s, you’ll be able to mix and match and look effortlessly stylish. Ready? Let’s crack some eggs, people. Undoubtedly, these tips will surely make you feel like a prima fashionista in your golden years. A brilliant fashion designer once said:
“It’s not about age. It’s about taste, and it’s about lifestyle. I believe women of all ages can wear anything.”– Ralph Lauren
Before anything else, let’s get some road blocks out of the way, shall we? There are a lot of presumptions that women’s style diminishes with age. This is because we think that there are limited fashion options as we grow older. However, this is not the case. We are living in the 21st century where progression is rapid, most especially in the fashion world. We are now living in a world where self-expression runs free. And let me tell you, no age is going to stop you from looking your absolute best.
Dress Well in Your 60’s: Go for bold colors and big prints
Colors that compliment your skin is a godsend! Turn heads with colorful prints and bold colors. If you love florals, go for them! Make a garden out of your wardrobe. However, opt for larger floral prints. Why? Because small flower prints have the tendency to dull down your look. There’s nothing like an outfit screaming “granny” than a full body little floral print.
Pro Tip: You don’t always have to wear bright booming colors. There’s a thing called “color harmony”. You can also experiment with different colors at once. Just make sure that they all go together!
Dress Well in Your 60’s: By choosing the right bags and shoes!
Ultimately, we advise you to gear away from huge handbags. Why? Because of the fact that it always goes out of style. Having a dainty bag, purse, or even better, a clutch can elevate your style and can elevate your overall look. Bottomline is, don’t invest too much on huge bags anymore. Opt for a more conventional style such as envelope bags or crossbody bags.
- Choose classic pieces
- Don’t invest in oversized bags (cause they tend to go out of style easily)
- Do carry clutches and medial sized bags for a daintier appearance
- Choose comfort and style when selecting footwear
- Fashionable shoes with uncomfortable fits are a no-no
- Don’t be afraid to put in a pop of color with your accessories!
Dress Well in Your 60’s: Breathable fabrics win every time
To be fashionable and comfortable is a true luxury. In our younger days, we sometimes sacrificed one of the other. However, in our golden years, we gear towards more breezy and lightweight fabrics. Let’s be honest, we don’t want constraining clothing anymore. Besides, there are multiple ways on how you can style these laid back items.
Recommendations for styling:
- Add in accessories
- Throw in sophisticated looking scarves
- Add in a good-looking jacket!
- Put on a blazer
- Never underestimate the power of fashionable shoes! Add in a pop of color with your footwear. Better yet? Make a statement with them!
Pro Tips: For our oversized grannies
One of our biggest enemies is our tummies. However, there are numerous ways on how you can hide these tummy fats with the help of the right clothing selection. Here are some tips for our oversized grannies who want to look slimmer.
Clothing tips for a slimmer illusion:
- Loose clothing – If you want to have an illusion of a slimmer figure, refrain from figure-hugging clothes. Opt for clothing that doesn’t highlight your waist and your hips.
- Go for vertical lines – Stripes have the ability to make you look taller. However, when choosing striped clothes, be observant of the lines as well. Choose the ones with narrower lines.
- Wear dresses – Don’t limit yourself with loose shirts, dresses that have the right length works too. Opt for ones that are slightly below the knee.
- Jackets and cardigans – An ultimate life saver. You can finish off your look by throwing on some loose fitting cardigan or a jacket.
- Black pants or loose-fitting bottoms – A definite essential are black bottoms. These will be your go-to clothing. It matches with anything and it’s not very hard to match with.
Pro Tips: What fashion pieces to invest in
These are pieces that we know you’re going to love and wear throughout your years! It’s better to know where to put your money than buying blindly, don’t you think? Investing on classic pieces in your 60’s is a must! Who knows? You might be able to pass them on to your grandchildren when they’ve grown into it!
Things to invest in:
- Good pair of white sneakers – A classic casual piece. These shoes go with ANYTHING! Jeans, leggings, shorts, dresses, you name it!
- A good pair of denim – you can never go wrong with buying a very good pair for jeans that fits like a dream! However, be observant with the fit. You would want to be comfortable when wearing them so do gear away from skin tight fits.
- A crossbody purse – Let’s face it, you won’t be able to carry backpacks anymore, a crossbody purse is a more convenient way to carry your things.
- Cardigans – Good quality cardigans will also be your main pieces of clothing whether it be a comfy stay at home bondings with the family, a fancy dinner at a restaurant, or simply for casual wear.
- Classic jewelry – Accessories will complete your look. They have the ability to “level up” your attire. Wearing a simple white shirt and some loose bottoms? Put on a gold layered chain and some hoop earrings. Voila! You are ready to go!
There you have it! Now it’s time for you to level up the wardrobe with some of these stylish tips and advice. For more comprehensive information, check out this link. If you want to know more about healthy lifestyles for the elderly, here are some links you can check out!